The library offers in-class presentations targeted towards your class and the research needs of your students. This works best when tied to a specific project, but general library services and resource overviews are also possible.
To request that the librarian schedule a time to meet your class, and show some tricks and tips for doing research, please use this link: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/V6GJD9P
Having us work with you provides for a better library and research experience for everyone. Survey data from both faculty and students show that students appreciate and use the information presented, and faculty have seen marked improvement in the work students complete afterwards.
What’s holding you back?
Some of the topics typically covered:
- How to use OhioLINK; finding books, articles and digital materials from across Ohio
- Finding books from The McGregor Library
- Searching basics for general databases (EBSCO, etc.)
- Subject specific databases (Business Source Complete, etc.)
- Digital information (Electronic Dissertations, E-Books, etc.)
- Evaluating resources
- Locating full-text from indices and citations
- Building a search strategy; subject vs. keywords, Boolean logic, etc.
- Ethical use of information
NOTE: Unless specified otherwise, all workshops are free, require no preregistration, and are held in room B220: the Classroom of the Future.
From time to time, the library offers workshops on specific topics. If you have a topic you’d like to see covered, click here and let us know: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/K23T2BS
If you’d like to schedule a time to sit down with the librarian one-on-one, just drop him an email: sshaw[at]antioch.edu
This service is available to any Antioch community member- student, staff or faculty.