Academic Year: 2013-2014
Supervisor: Joseph Cronin
Supervisor Contact: 937-769-1894 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Number of Positions: 1
Hours per Week: 20
The person in this position will work in the Writing Center and report to both the Writing Center Coordinator and the Writing Center Director.
- Train to become a peer tutor to other students.
- Tutor students through face to face and online writing facilitation.
- Help develop new methods to promote the writing center on campus, and through writing center sponsored events.
- Help to write and edit student publications.
- B.A. in English, or relevant area, preferred.
- Must be knowledgeable of English Grammar; APA and MLA styles of documentation; must be competent in use of Microsoft Word; must be able to do minimal computing tasks, including downloading and revising documents.
- Advanced skills in writing, editing, and research proficiency preferred.
- Excellent oral communication skills and engaging interpersonal skills preferred.
- Submit Resume’, a writing sample, and three academic and/or professional references.
- Serve as a professional in a role of being an Antioch University Midwest representative.
- Must be able to communicate well and get along with others.
- May involve evenings and weekend hours.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.