Title: Core Faculty, Special Education Programs
Department: School of Education
Reports to: Director of the School of Education
Classification: Core Faculty, Full-Time
Antioch University provides learner-centered education to empower students with the knowledge and skills to lead meaningful lives and to advance social, economic, and environmental justice.
The School of Education at Antioch University Midwest is seeking Core Faculty applicants with a strong P-12 background and a commitment to teaching excellence for our expanding graduate licensure programs. The School of Education is accredited by the National Council for the Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE). The Intervention Specialist Program is a graduate program that is both Masters of Education with Licensure. The program is a 4 semester cohort model with 3 semesters of coursework and one semester of student teaching. Antioch University is a non-tenure institution. Based on satisfactory annual performance, Core Faculty enter into three-year rolling contracts after an introductory period.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Engagement in student learning
- Supervise and evaluate student teachers
- Engagement in service to the department and university wide committees
- Engagement in on-going research in field of specialization
- Engagement in service to the profession and to the wider community
- Participate in professional development
- Education and Experience Requirements:
Education and Experience Requirements
- Minimum of five (5) years of public school experience working with students identified as having special needs
- Commitment to diverse classroom environments
- Experience in working with Early Childhood or Early Childhood Special Education students
- Experience in working with Moderate to Intensive students
- Experience working with K-12 students
- Demonstrated ability to work in a participatory academic environment
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to work collaboratively with others
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to work with technology and its applications to the learning environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and orally.
- Demonstrated ability to work with persons of diverse ethnic, gender, cultural, economic, and religious backgrounds
- Demonstrated ability to articulate and implement academic programs consistent with Antioch’s mission and educational philosophy
- Doctorate preferred but ABD nearing completion may be considered
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Applicants should provide a personal statement of interest, a complete vita with the names and telephone numbers of three professional references, and a statement demonstrating how the applicant’s experience has provided preparation for the primary responsibilities of the position for which application is being made. Send applications to:
Office of Human Resources
888 Dayton Street, Suite 102
Yellow Springs, OH 45387
Attn: Karen Snyder, SPHR
Fax: (937) 769-1377