The Individualized Master of Arts program is designed for the reflective self-directed learner who seeks to affect social, organizational, or personal change. Students pursue their study online through a combination of foundational courses, individualized learning, and a Capstone project supported by three intensive on-campus residencies.
The IMA offers a graduate program with the following features:
- Three short-term residencies in Yellow Springs, Ohio
- Flexible schedule to fit your lifestyle
- Integration of theory and practice
- Online learning communities with faculty and students
- 36 semester credit Master of Arts degree
The AUM Master of Arts degree can be tailored to meet the needs of individuals who wish to:
- Change career paths
- Gain graduate qualifications to increase job security, flexibility and advancement opportunity in their current positions
- Advance their commitment to social engagement by honing their knowledge, skills and habits of mind
We believe these aims need to be grounded in an awareness of, sensitivity to, and respect for our shared humanity in a culture that welcomes diversity in our students and its benefits.
In order to graduate, students must complete the following:
- Attendance and participation in 2 residency sessions
- 36 semester credits of academic work, comprised of 18 credits of foundations coursework and either 12 or 15 credits of individualized learning
- Either 3 credits professional seminar or 6 credits of thesis learning
- E-portfolio, demonstrating graduate level achievement of the program outcomes
Students work closely with their Faculty Advisors, Concentration Mentors, and Thesis Readers to assure that they will meet all graduation requirements. Upon a student’s completion of the above, the Faculty Advisor will recommend the student for graduation.