- Ph.D. (Education), Dept. of Educational Organization and Leadership, College of Education, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (UIUC), Illinois, USA, 1998.
- Dissertation Title: The Home School Relations: An Exploration into the Perspectives of Parents and Schools on Asian Indian Cultural Model of Schooling
- M. Ed. (Education) Annamalai University, Annamalainagar, India, 1991.
- B. Ed. (Education) Maharishi Dayanand University, Rohtak, India, 1989.
- M. A. (Economics) Delhi School of Economics, University of Delhi, India, 1988.
- B. A. (Economics) Shri Ram College of Commerce, University of Delhi, India, 1986.
Beloo Mehra received her Ph.D. in Education in 1998 from University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Till June 2007 she worked as an Associate Professor in the Individualized Masters of Arts program at Antioch University Midwest, Yellow Springs, Ohio. There, in addition to teaching courses in curriculum design, academic writing, qualitative and feminist research, she also spearheaded and directed the development of Integral Knowledge Systems, an innovative academic space with Sri Aurobindo’s Integral Yoga framework as its starting point. Before moving to the US, she worked as a high school Economics teacher and school administrator in Delhi, India for 5 years, and also served as a volunteer for the National Literacy Mission. In August 2007, Dr. Mehra joined Sri Aurobindo Center for Advanced Research (SACAR) at Pondicherry, India as faculty and in-charge of academic programmes. There she teaches courses in Foundations of Indian Culture, Integral Education, and Integral Social Thought of Sri Aurobindo. She also edits the quarterly journal, New Race. She has published many articles and scholarly papers and has presented at several conferences and seminars.