An advanced degree for professional educators and administrators, the Master of Education with Professional Concentration allows you to tailor a degree program for your career.
Our program chair, Hays Moulton, is happy to discuss your educational goals and answer any questions about our program. You can reach him at 937-769-1871 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Antioch University Midwest Master of Education with Professional Concentration degree program emphasizes practical knowledge and leadership skills. Program instruction is delivered by dedicated and experienced faculty who make the real world connections between theory and practice.
Earning your master’s degree in education could be one of the best career decisions you’ll ever make.
The higher your degree, the higher your earning potential.
You’ll be positioned to pursue and transition into leadership, research or policy positions.
- Adding this degree will increase the depth and breadth of the education you received in your bachelor’s degree studies.
Students taking coursework in the concentration areas below can obtain a master’s degree in education with limited additional coursework. The coursework emphasizes working within the individual classroom and the entire school community to build leadership capacity to understand, and ethically apply, scientifically based educational research.
Each candidate’s transcripts will be evaluated and the Masters candidate may need as few as four courses outside of the area of concentration to complete their degree.
Areas of Concentration:
Curriculum and Instruction
- Adolescent/Young Adult Education Second License Option within the Master of Education in Adolescent/Young Adult Education
A complete application includes:
- Online application
- Official transcripts from all previously attended colleges/universities
- Admission essay
- Minimum 2.75 GPA for bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 3.0 GPA for graduate level coursework
- Criminal background check or copy of valid Ohio Teaching License
- Writing Sample
- On campus academic skills test
- On-campus writing assessment
- Letter of interest
Antioch University Midwest is a leader in adult education. Our degree programs are flexible in order to meet the needs of busy adults who juggle work, family, and other responsibilities.
At Antioch University Midwest, you’ll be prepared to succeed in today’s complex educational landscape by instructors who are all experienced practitioners in the field.
As a graduate of our innovative Masters in Education program, you’ll earn more than a teacher without a master’s degree, and enhance your ability to teach and lead in the world of education.
Through a special partnership between Antioch University Midwest and Warren and Butler County Educational Service Centers you’ll:
- Finish your master’s degree in one year – accelerated, flexible format
- Participate in a cohort model; classes start in January and you’ll complete your degree in December
- Learn in a hybrid format; online and onsite. Onsite classes held locally (on Friday evenings and Saturday mornings) at the Warren County Educational Service Center
- Pay special reduced tuition for Warren and Butler County educators—$475/semester credit (this is a 30% reduction off normal tuition.)
- Streamlined admissions – Interviews in Warren and Butler County ESCs starting in August 2014
For more information
Hays Moulton, MEd
Chair, Educational Leadership/Ohio Principal Licensure Program