The role that teachers play in their schools is evolving and becoming increasingly complex. Teachers are expected to take on leadership responsibilities, often without receiving recognition for their efforts.
A Teacher Leader Endorsement recognizes your expertise in your subject matter, instructional practices, mentoring, and leadership capabilities.
With a Teacher Leader Endorsement you will be able to support the efforts of your principal allowing for more delegation of some leadership tasks. You will also be able to act as a professional development resource within your school.
A Teacher Leader Endorsement will help qualify you for the highest steps on Ohio’s 4 Tiered Licensure Structure.
Potential Roles for Teacher Leaders:
- Mentor or coach new teachers
- Develop and deliver professional development activities
- Develop curriculum
- Lead School Improvement Initiatives
- Serve as department or grade level chairs
- Serve on school leadership teams
- Become a union chapter leader
- Serve on committees, task forces, etc.
- Length of Program – 2 semesters, 12 credits
- Faculty Contact – Hays Moulton 937-769-1871/ or email@example.com
- Class Offerings – Evenings
- Earn – Teacher Leader Endorsement
- Contact – Oscar Robinson / 937-769-1823 OR Hays Moulton 937-769-1871
- Must hold 5 year professional teaching license and a Masters degree
- Aimed at meeting the needs of teachers and other school personnel
- Cohort Model – Allows student to move through the program together, building a learning community that fosters collaborative and supportive relationships
- Enhances leadership skills needed for our fast paced school environments
- Allows for you to work and go to school at the same time
- Designed for those who want to make a difference in the lives of our youth!
- Internship and Portfolio required
- Financial Aid is available